04 February 2007

The Paper Chase

Two weeks ago we received a list of documents that we needed to either get or be updated for court. And, finally, after phone calls, trips to the doctor, trips to the police station, and hours photocopying documents---we have collected the list! Rob will be getting them apostilled tomorrow and then I can bring them to our agency on Tuesday. Yeah---at least for now! I hope this brings us closer to getting a court date!
We are keeping busy with decorating the nursery and shopping for our little one. We went on a shopping trip and came home with a carload of stuff for him (yes, our referral is for a boy!) and all we got for ourselves was three toilet brushes for our bathrooms!
I do want to send out a HUGE Congratulations to all of the couples going to Russia this week for their court dates! We will be thinking of all of you and looking forward to your posts and pics! It was very exciting last week to see the almost daily updates of court dates received by families. It's nice to see there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

3 comments:

Christen L said...

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been reading for awhile now.

My husband and I are just beginning this process - researching agencies and plan to adopt a little boy from Russia in the near future.

It's been a joy reading your "race" thus far! Elle is designing a blog layout for us and we will be starting that very soon. Good luck with the paper chase!

Christen

ps - The new Amazing Race - All Stars starts very soon! YEAH! We're fans, too!

Melissa said...

thanks for the comment. I hope your wait is not too long. I bet when we come back, you will have gotten news.

Deb said...

Glad you got all the paperwork ready. Hoping for a fast court date.