22 January 2007

And now the Waiting Begins....

It started yesterday---the painful process of the waiting!
Our first week home was pretty full between catching up on sleep, going back to work, and sharing all the pictures and exciting stories with our friends and families.
We also got our list of documents needed for court and are trying to get these done ASAP.
And, then it hit me yesterday. This waiting for court is so hard. And, to top it off, I am someone who worries about every little thing.
On a happier note, we did start the nursery! We spent Saturday night stripping wallpaper from the bottom half of the room. We picked up the colors on Saturday afternoon and R put them on the walls to test them out. The room has a chair rail around the center so we are doing two colors, one on the top half and another on the bottom half of the room. The top will be a mystic beige which is a common neutral color in our home. The bottom was originally going to be jalapeno pepper but we changed it to dill pickle. Much better! R painted the top half last night while I was catching up on laundry. He is very anxious to finish it up so he can start putting together the crib and changing table. I will post pics as we make some progress!
I'm thinking of all of you out there in blogger land as you wait for your court dates. I think I'm as anxious as you are to hear about your dates! I check your sites every day when I get home from work.
Speaking of work, I'm not sure I mentioned this but I work as a toddler teacher in a preschool. I love my little class and they add a lot of sunshine to my days. Today we learned about penguins and it was so much fun to watch them waddle around the classroom! It put a smile on my face!
Until tomorrow......and I hope to see some good news in bloggerland!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hi there,
I just found your blog again! Just added you to my blogroll so I can keep up.
Sounds like you had a sucessful 1st trip.
We may have overlapped a little??
thankfully, we are completely court ready. We got all of our paperwork together prior to our trip. One of the benefits of the region we are adopting from. The coordinator, wants a complete file prior to trip 1, so trip 2 can happen rather quickly. We hope to be back towards the end of Feb.
Hope you get a court date soon!
hugs,
Laura

Jeff & Maria said...

Yeah, we can comment again!
Glad the first trip went good. Hope that court date and phone call are soon!
Maria

Denise :o) said...

I just found your site through Lauren's and just wanted to say hello! I hope you get your court date real soon!!!! Looks like we might have been in country around the same time. Anyway, congratulations on a successful trip 1. We hope you get to return soon to bring your child home!! :o)